- Ideal for 120VAC motors up to 15 amps i.e. most miter saws, table saws, grinders, routers, etc.
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum enclosure.
- Injection molded, reinforced plastic end caps.
- Software controlled ramp sequence.
- Proudly built in the U.S.A..
- Make your Equipment last.
- Reduce mechanical stress.
- Increase safety and comfort levels.
- Add the high end soft start feature.
- Stop nuisance breaker tripping.
- Stop dimming lights.
- Take the "bang" out of your tools.
- Up to 98% reduction of damaging inrush current.
Reduce generator size.
Voltage: 120 Volts AC
Maximum steady state current: 15A
Ambient operating temperature: 0° - 110°F
Maximum (Full Inrush Suppression) Duty Cycle: Unlimited Starts per Hour
- Not recommended for induction motor with high inertia load.
- Requires pure sine wave supply power.
- Do not use with machine that already has soft-start feature.
- The theoretical ramp time of this soft starter is approximately 2 seconds.
- The GS10 is not recommended for use with some induction motor applications, however, induction motors with low inertia load such as a saw may be suitable.
- Capacitor start induction motors must be at full speed within 3 seconds of being switched on.
- If your induction motor takes longer than 3 seconds to reach full speed, discontinue use of Soft Starter immediately.
- Indoor use only.
- Insert appropriate end of supplied power cord into side of Soft Starter. Plug the other end of power cord into your power receptacle.
- Plug your equipment in to the front outlet of the Soft Starter.
Ramp time is the duration of time required for the Soft Starter output to reach full line voltage.
GS10 ramp time: about 2 seconds.
Overall Length: 4.25inches
Overall Width: 3.25 inches
Overall Height: 6.3 inches
I never review products that I purchase; but the outstanding customer service I got after my GS10 purchase forced an exception. Will was prompt, courteous, professional and patient as we worked through an issue that turned out to be a defective soft start circuit on a saw I was attempting to use the GS10 on.
I decided to use the unit on my 2hp, 110V Harbor Freight dust collector instead of my chop saw. The motor now ramps up smoothly in less than 3 seconds instead of “banging on” which was causing the hard to get to impeller to loosen on the motor shaft. Hope the GS10 stands the test of time
Turned my great saw greater
Great thanks to Will at Raymond for his speedy response to my concerns and sending a replacement of the now discontinued early Soft Start model. The new GS10 has been tested on my miter saw with good results. Further testing on other 15 amp universal motors (planer, router, etc.) will be done.
This has been a great discovery: I used to trip my 15a fuse all the time. That is now a thing of the past.